Monday 22 June 2015

planning to register an NGO in india? you need to read this

Recently i have registered my own NGO "RISE ALL FOUNDATION TRUST". Initially when i thought of registering my social project into an NGO i didnt know a thing about registering something or making it recognised legally.

So first thing I did was to ask my god ..google. There came the suggestions to hire a consulting firm to do the job for me. I put on various forums all of whom gave me rough and hassy answers which didnt solve the problem I was facing which simply was...what to do first? and what are the things I need to take care of while going to the registrar? What all i should prepare to do all that?

So here I was wandering here and there asking consultancies who would further scare me, telling me the rocket science behind the thing and would take every step in every direction to convince me to pay a sum of money to them and they would take care of all the problems for me.

Well what I did instead was tried something called a direct approach. i googled the address of the registrar of near my locality( in this case Mehrauli) and went to the place asking stupid questions to smart people and wasting their valuable time. Well my struggle gave out a good fruit and my doubts were solved finally by the NOTARY people who were sitting outside in their cozy chairs.

So it turns out the process is simple, even you can do it yourself.
Step 1: Prepare a trust deed sample of which you can download from Karnataka Govt. website.
            Just google TRUST DEED and you ll get it.
Step 2: Edit the already prepared deed according to your requirements and put in suitable names.
Step 3: Arrange at least 2 more trustees and 2 witnesses. Remember that the trustees and witnesses                   both must not be your family members if you are the settler/president.
Step 4: Now you need to declare the initial assets of the trust (the assets which are initially in the                     trust).
Step 5: According to the declaration of the assets a stamp paper will be made( this will be done by                   Notary).
Step 6: A Demand draft has to be made in the name of the registrar the 'in favour of' will defer                         according to the registrar office you register in( again notary will guide you on that).
Step 7: Two photographs of all the trustees, id proofs of the witnesses and the trustees, address proof               of the official address of the trust(or if there is a rent agreement an NOC is needed from the                 property owner)
Step 8: Get the documents right and get it signed by the SDM or registrar.
Step 9: Collect the duly signed document the next day or a pre decided day.

Now you have to register for a PAN card. For that if you know the CA personally the official charges are around Rs.100/-. CA charges would be around Rs. 500/-. The card will come in around 10 days.

Then there is a whole different procedure for the current account which takes around 4-5 working days. You have to submit copy of trust deed, photograph of you and some more documents that the bank will ask for.

i hope this helps. Let me know if you have any doubts.

PS. the address of the office must be in the legal boundary declared by the Govt. commonly known as the red boundary.

No comments:

Post a Comment