Saturday 20 December 2014

Robbery in Sinhgad, Wadgaon, Pune

I WAS ROBBED! on 10 Dec, 2014...
I was coming from Mumbai to Sinhgad College in Wadgaon, Pune. Its on the outskirts. I reached the highway where I had to get off the bus and I got off the Volvo I was in. It was 3am. There was literally no one but a few auto rikshaws on the other side of the road. I had a big backpack travel size with me.
So I crossed the road to get to the rikshaws.
Then a heavy man came on his White apache RTR 180,(number was something something and 338 at the last). and he asked me in English, "where are you heading?". I told him that I was going to Sinhgad college of engineering which is up the hills. He said to me that he is also going that way and is a student, so he will drop me. And obviously I was OK with the offer of help.
So I agreed and hopped on the bike.
We were riding the bike and he gave lift to 2 more men on the way. Who also hopped on the bike and said they have to be dropped just 2 mins away and from there, they will tell us where the college is.
So everything is normal till now.
Later, after may be 15 secs. One of the lift takers said the rider to take a left. So that it will be easier for us to be on our way to the college.
I was obviously normal at the time.
So we take the first left in the silent street with no sign of any human nearby.
Thats when the bike stopped for them to be dropped of, i also got off the bike and I got an intiution of something happening wrong as the 2 lift takers started peeing on either side of me blocking my approach to any end of the road in case I run.
And the one riding the bike, who gave me lift, he started doing something with the bike and he took off a BIG KNIFE, one which is used to cut heavy grass.
As soon as I saw the knife Being pulled off from the bike I took my phone in hand and tried to make any call. But just as the knife was pulled of, the one my left took away my phone and the one on the other side hit me with a stone at the back of my head.
But my reflexes saved me from a proper shot at my head. Then the guy with the knife put his knife literally 10 inches away from my forehead.
They asked me what's in the bag, so obviously I told them just clothes(I had a 45k laptop in there!)
And obviously they asked for everything I had, so I gave them my wallet which had 400 bucks along with my debit card(I gave em exactly the opposite pin which didn't call any police when put in the atm). They wanted to take my watch also but I managed to convince them that its worth 50 bucks only so they threw it off.
which I picked up when they left.
But before leaving the guy with the knife also tried hitting me with that knife on my leg which fortunately I dodged with my shoe.
So they went off and then I started to run to the main road shivering all along.
Fortunately found an autowala who was passing by. Told him whatever I knew about the address and what happened with me all along.
He kinda gave me the confidence to call the police and tell them everything.
I reached the hostel I was supposed to reach earlier where I called my friend who was already there by taking his number from FACEBOOK, opening it on an unknown boy's phone.
My friend paid off the auto wala, I took all the details of the names of places on which the incidences happened from the auto wala in case I am asked by the police to mention.
So I called 100, and tell the guy who picked up the phone everything, and he sent the local police to me. Who acted very swiftly and came to my hostel to pick me up in just 5 mins.
They took me to the place where I got the lift, asked a few people about it,in vain.
Then we went on our way to the other location.
While we were one our way to the other location, I noticed that bike on the other side of the road. I quickly told the police officer that it is the same bike and the guy sitting there doing something put his head down or something is the same guy.
The police officer stopped the car and grabbed the guy on the other side of the road.
Called backup to take the first guy to the police station, where they hit him soooo hard for like 1hr. He gave the address of both the other ones, one of whom was picked up from his home and the other from the gym.
The knife was also recovered later from the 2nd one's house and my phone also was recovered later on the highway it self(the place where we caught the first guy, he somehow managed to throw his and my phone off him).
The case was filed and the card was actually blocked by me within 10mins of me reaching the hostel to my friend.
THANKS AND SALUTE TO SINHGAD ROAD POLICE STATION.‪#‎RESPECT‬
‪#‎MAHARASHTRAPOLICE‬.
I will be getting my phone back in a few days from the court... then I ll upload the pics of those bastards(ROBBERS) as well as those goodmen(POLICEMEN) who helped me.
Thank you for being so patient to read till this statement!

No comments:

Post a Comment